Our Federal Government Client is seeking the expertise of a Senior Cloud and Automation Engineer for a contract role. This is an initial 12 moth engagement with 2 x 12-month extension options and is working out of our Client's CBD location.
Within this role you will be responsible for the blueprinting and automation of critical workloads as they make their journey from our Client's on-premises environment to select public and private cloud providers. Partnering with our application teams, you will seek to understand the unique operating and migration requirements and then use your knowledge and experience to assist in the migration process to the selected cloud platform.
You will be a self-starter and possess great interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders at various levels.
Within this role you will be expected to:
- Work with the enterprise architecture group and key stakeholders to perform a detailed analysis of an application, developing an automation design that automates the infrastructure provisioning, application build and deployment activities.
- Validate proposed designs, following best practice, for example evaluating the design and disaster recovery strategy to ensure the solution is highly available
- Design & create release artefacts in a variety of tools to create TFS Release definitions and VMware VRA blueprints and automate applications.
- Troubleshoot errors with application blueprints in a highly complex environment.
- Document operational processes around application blueprinting and promotion process Blueprinting using VMware vRealize Automation toolset.
- Mentoring junior team members and deliver technical training to peers
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in the development, delivery and support of large scale IT solutions in an enterprise setting
- Experience working within a System Development Life Cycle and IT Service Management framework
- Demonstrated experience using scripting to automate the deployment and configuration of software and services
- Sound understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices with experience automating application build through to creating Release Pipelines for automated deployment
- Experience migrating on-premises workloads to cloud utilising IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Working knowledge of, and experience with the VMWare vRealize Automation and Orchestrator tool suite
- Experience working with the following: Microsoft Windows Server, PowerShell, IIS, .Net and web applications
- Capable of delivering a justified, alternative viewpoint by drawing on previous experience utilising automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Octopus Deploy and Puppet
- Experience utilising TFS or VSTS to perform Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience developing automated unit, function and operational tests a bonus
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 185179.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain Federal Government security clearances.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.