About the role
Our client is a leading telecommunications organization. They are looking for a Senior Cloud Platform Engineer with experience in Azure and AWS.
This is a 6-month contract role.
You would be involved in:
- Build and operate highly available platforms across multi-cloud by integrating with IaaS, CaaS, PaaS and other SaaS providers.
- Create and deploy optimised automated and abstracted infrastructure for applications from concept and test into production and deliver operational support of the system environment that enables application developers to focus on their development work. Create automation that enables portability of applications hosted on multi-cloud.
- Optimise public cloud spend by validating system architecture/design and identifying cost saving opportunities for solutions while meeting performance and operational requirements. Also, right size underlying cloud infrastructure to help reduce the cloud spend.
- Evaluate and implement automated optimisation opportunities for reducing repetitive manual steps, improving cloud security, self-healing of platform issues and anomalies using data and analytics available from internal and service provider systems
- Innovate the platform to continuously integrate the features and services delivered by cloud providers by making them compliant to Telstra standards.
- Create on-premises and cloud-based 'infrastructure as a code' designs and build highly scalable, resilient platforms and optimised systems for hybrid and multi cloud platforms.
- Build Continuous integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems that install, configure, deploy and monitor cloud platforms solutions, ensuring effective integration and automation by leveraging and enhancing open-source libraries and frameworks appropriately. Identify and blueprint common deployment patterns to enable faster time to market.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Cloud service providers, technology partners and stakeholders to understand customer needs, influence the approach, accelerate change, drive speed and agility to achieve outcomes that deliver a great customer experience
- Provide input to and on-going support in the delivery of the workload placement strategy
- Significantly contribute to design and delivery of platforms as a service (PaaS) that support complex IT workloads and solutions enabling our strategic priorities and objectives. Provide expert guidance for migration from existing legacy platforms to modern strategic platforms.
- Significantly contribute to creation and deployment of self-service capabilities for developers using the platforms.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally have:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
- Cloud Solution Architecture
- Cloud Security
- Cloud Networking
- Platform architecture and roadmap
- Systems Engineering OS
- Systems Engineering Storage
- Systems Engineering Networking
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service
- Container as a Service
- Function as a Service
- Container Technology
- Multi Cloud Strategy
- Site Reliability Engineering
What's in it for you:
- Flexible working environment
- Challenging projects in pipeline
- Inclusive, supportive & collaborative small team
- Stakeholder management, negotiation & strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Rhea Paul on 0380807218 and quote job #244268