Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer who will work in our cloud operations team designing, deploying and maintaining clouds in both AWS and/or Azure. As part of the cloud operations team, you will continue to deliver a host of modern, government leading cloud systems and services.
This is a long-term contract for 12 months with 24 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you duties include:
- Cloud-based physical and virtual networking
- Infrastructure as a Service compute workload
- Cloud-native container platforms
- Storage services and gateways
- Serverless resources
- Security Services
- Cloud native database management
- Migration of on-prem applications to Cloud environments
- Provide technical support and consultative advice, to architects, application developers, and project teams on appropriate use of supported cloud technologies, and in the development of appropriate solution designs
- Monitoring solutions such as application performance monitoring, security, and system event logging
- In addition, you will be required to:
- Liaise with other Service Line Tech Leads, delivery teams, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard
- Investigate, analyse, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with IP Australia's cloud environments and initiate improvement opportunities based on learning
- Demonstrates attitudes and behavior's responsive to workplace change and culturally fit with diverse teams (including participates in and encourages others to participate in change and contribute to successful outcomes)
- Maintaining processes, procedures, and documentation necessary for effective maintenance of environments
- Maintains an understanding of responsibilities under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) and a commitment to promoting a healthy and safe workplace
- Develop progress reports and deliver presentations on solutions to the relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the AWS/Azure Cloud Platform and the services and policies required to maintain reliability and security of all subscriptions of the Cloud Tenancies25%
- Demonstrable experience in scripting the automation of infrastructure or application provisioning and/or deployment20%
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement in new and emerging technologies20%
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional& multi-disciplinary teams15%
- Demonstrated experience in technical delivery including identifying technical and delivery risks20%
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian existing Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 8880 7642 quoting Job Reference: #245502
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.