Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to be part of the project team leading an exciting initiative to develop the Department's CRM projects. You will be responsible for liaising with business experts, information technology users, developers; and applications testers to identify, obtain, analyse and document business requirements and process maps.
This is a long-term contract role until 30 June 2021 with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
The objectives of the project are to provide a centralised Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to assist our client's portfolio agencies. This will help these agencies to manage stakeholder relationships and provide quality and consistent service.
You will be required to understand the business needs and how the CRM can be designed to ensure it delivers value for the agencies. The Business Analyst will work in a multi-disciplined, agile team and will engage with project stakeholders and business representatives to develop the required deliverables.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for liaising with business experts, information technology users, developers; and applications testers to identify, obtain, analyse and document business requirements and process maps.
The Business Analyst should be familiar with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or have an understanding of CRM systems and how they can be used to support customer engagement.
The Business Analyst should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the environment that the client operates, the needs of agencies such as NBRA and NDFA and be able to provide examples of how deliverables and activities can be met for remote and regional stakeholders with restricted travel arrangements in place.
The Business Analyst will undertake the following duties:
- Meet with business stakeholders to elicit, capture and document business processes, requirements and business rules
- Conduct stakeholder workshops and interviews to elicit and validate user requirements
- Undertake Interpretation and translation of business requirements into viable business solutions
- Reviewing and updating requirements/user stories and providing associated estimates
- Develop user stories to describe functionality and liaise with business to understand acceptance criteria
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure development is undertaken with the business needs at top of mind
- Assist in coordination of user acceptance testing activities
- Attending and contributing to scrum events (sprint planning, daily stand-up, sprint retrospective etc.)
- Develop training material and assist with training and on-boarding activities
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 206699
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.