Our Federal Government client is looking for a Senior Business Analyst.
This is for a contract of 6 Months with an option to extend. This is located at our Client's Canberra location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams, often geographically diverse
- Problem solve and manage various projects and tasks
- Help build capability through your coaching, mentoring and leadership skills
- Influence others to promote excellent Business Analysis practice.
- Lead a team and engage with other teams within the business to build capability through your coaching, mentoring and leadership skills, and achieve results
- Liaise with clients and other stakeholders to negotiate an achievable, balanced work program for the projects, with consideration to both business need, platform operational health and surrounding divisional priorities with a quality improvement mindset
- Manage projects to ensure the agreed work program is delivered on time and to agreed quality expectations, liaising with the Director of the section to manage any key risks
- Maintain an awareness of broader TSD strategies and initiatives, analyse their impact on the local strategy/FWP, then take necessary steps to ensure alignment
- Analyse requirements, provide advice and support to business and technical teams to ensure testability of technical solutions.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Experience as a lead Business Analyst (BA)
- Capability to mentor to other team members
- Initiative and drive to improve practice and use of BAs in projects.
- Problem solving, analytical and business intelligence skills
- Business architecture skills, including practical knowledge in BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge)
- Modelling business analysis artefacts following industry standards including BPMN 2.0 and UML (Business Process Model and Notation; Unified Modeling Language)
- Collaboration skills with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including in multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. business, developers, testers, architects)
It is desirable if you have experience in:
- Facilitating workshops
- Use of Sparx Enterprise Architect and Jira
- User-centred design
- Data modelling
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian citizens who have the ability to obtain Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Maria Lastierre on 02 6245 1717 quoting Job Reference: # 248216
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.