Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following agile principles to support development of new IT systems. Working closely with business subject matter experts, end users, developers and other technical specialists, you will conduct analysis and define requirements that enable our client to achieve its target state vision.
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with 24 months extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Engaging with business stakeholders to understand their needs and express these as user stories and requirements.
- Conducting research and in-depth analysis of existing business processes, data and products.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts, end users, product owners, architects, developers, database administrators and testers to design and deliver solutions.
- Work in an agile way focussed on iterative value delivery using lean/DevOps approaches.
- Supporting the team's delivery managers.
- Sprint planning with delivery teams.
- Sprint ceremonies and continuous improvement.
- Be part of a progressive and modern delivery team responsible for transforming IP Australia's digital services and delivering innovative customer-centric solutions.
- In addition to these accountabilities and responsibilities you will:
- Contribute to agile/delivery/project management practices in IP Australia.
- Support the ongoing development of teams and individuals through mentoring and upskilling of junior team members.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience over multiple years working as a Senior Business Analyst using agile methodology, on large and complex IT systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business problems, and design transformative solutions that realise desired business outcomes (provide examples)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to translate between business and technical teams.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary IT delivery teams.
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience with BPM and cloud-native technologies
- Experience with data architecture and/or data modelling;
- Education and certifications related to business analysis (BABOK, CBAP, Agile, etc)
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #211916
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.