Our south of the river client is currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to assist with high level documentation across multiple projects. This is an initial 6 month contract with the opportunity to convert to a permanent role available for the right candidate.
You will be working with the IT and business teams to identify new solutions to move the business forward. Working to provide analysis and evaluation of business systems, elicit requirements from the business and deliver documentation to support solution selection.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems (IS), Computer Science or related field, or equivalent related IT experience.
* Considerable demonstrated experience working as a Business Analysis in complex projects, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
* Ability to translate high level business concepts to specific technical workplans for development teams.
* Experience in applying a broad range of business analysis techniques to complex business requirements, including the use of process flows, state diagrams, use cases and entity relationship mapping
* Must be able to demonstrate solid skills in facilitating workshops, interviews, focus groups and walk-throughs with the aim of eliciting information, obtaining validations and approvals
* Ability to take ownership of business analysis activities and ensure work packages are delivered on time, to expected quality standards and as per scope
* Demonstrated extensive experience gathering and documenting business requirements, and undertaking 'as is' and 'to be' gap analysis.
* Microsoft SQL experience strongly preferred
* Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
* Work effectively and independently with Technical and Non-Technical stakeholders.
* Extensive experience in developing business cases
* Excellent written & verbal communication, including technical writing skills
* Experience in working in an Agile environment
* Experienced in multi-tasking across high demands of concurrent projects.
* Be a proactive and driven self-starter
* Ability to work cross-functionally if required
* Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
* Ability to think creatively and have problem solving skills.
Nice to have:
* Project Management Training and Certification (Prince2, Agile or PMP) and /or relevant experience.
* Formal Business Analysis qualifications (BABoK or similar).
* Experience in managing change in complex environments.
If you are an experienced Business Analyst with experience managing change in the project environment, please "apply now" or call Gayle Truslove on 08 94231449 for a confidential discussion.