We have a requirement for a Senior Business Analyst for a contract role between 28/01/2020 - 28/06/2020.
- Analyse and document detailed change requirements and provide input to the implementation as required
- Work with business representatives to resolve conflicting requirements, determine priorities and validate and justify the requirements
- Represent the department and work with vendor development teams and other skilled analysts to validate proposed changes and new functionality against the business requirements
- Provide timely, strategic and expert advice to the project manager and business representatives regarding system requirements, information requirements, business impacts, scope management and project risks
- Use communication skills to negotiate, establish and maintain networks and working relationships with team members, clients and stakeholders
- Apply standardised templates, methodologies and processes for business analysis activities and related project documentation
- Lead and work collaboratively with a wide range of staff at all levels
- Lead and undertake requirement elicitation (including conducting stakeholder workshops), documentation and tracking work packages
- Contribute to business integration, change management and testing activities
- Must have demonstrable business/system analyst skills and experience (5+ years)
- Proven experience in drawing accurate and effective business process models and information/data models including 'as is' and 'to be' utilising appropriate notations (such as BPMN, UML etc.)
- Recent experience with vendor engagement, including managing development lifecycles, negotiation and creation of proof of concept and other required documentation
- Understanding and application of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) principles and Prince2 project methodology
- Proven experience in developing high quality written analysis papers and other documentation for consideration by senior management.
- Proven experience in documenting software requirement specifications using Use Case methodology.
- Proven experience in effectively utilising a variety of applications such as Visio, Quality Centre, JIRA, TFS etc.
- Relevant business analysis experience in the human services sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the public sector Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Environment.
- See projects through to completion, monitoring project progress and adjusting plans as required.
- Take personal responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work. Demonstrate initiative and proactively steps in and does what is required. Commits energy and drive to see that goals are achieved.
- Consults and shares information and ensures others are kept informed of issues.
- Experience in agile projects methodology
If this interests you, Apply Now!
Alternatively, call Bharti Chandramouli or Carrie Watts on 07 3319 7555 for a confidential discussion.