Senior Azure Data Engineer
- Perm role with global client in Perth CBD
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics
- Proven client consulting and presales ability
A leading, global solutions provider is seeking a Senior Azure Data Engineer who will be responsible for developing solutions leveraging cloud-based data platform and also lead pre sales activities and demonstrations for customers.
- Analyses current business and future business practices leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics Services
- Provide technical leadership in areas including data access, ingestion, data processing, data integration, data modelling, database design & implementation, data visualization and advanced analytics.
- Engage with customers to understand their requirements and build a bridge to the business
- Lead Pre-Sales activities, demonstrations and develop solution proposals
- Develop best practices including reusable code, libraries, patterns, and consumable frameworks for cloud-based data warehousing and ETL.
- Maintain best practice standards for the development or cloud-based data warehouse solutioning including naming standards
- Lead teams in the delivery of customer solutions
- Strong , hands on experience in designing cloud-based analytics solutions
- Expert level understanding of Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake and Azure App Service
- Experience in designing and building of data pipelines using API ingestion and Streaming ingestion methods.
- Data warehouse modelling principles including Kimball & Inmon
- Azure Databricks, Azure IoT, Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Stream Analytics, Power BI is desirable
- Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS/SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) SSIS) is desirable.
- Previous experience with pre-sales activities and demonstrations
- Excellent communication skills and a highly engaging personality
- Strong customer consulting and confidence to present solution proposals and demonstrations when required
- The ability to articulate solutions across technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience leading teams to deliver
If you are interested and have the required experience, please apply now via the link below to be considered.
Contact: Lisa Williams - (08) 9423 1400 - (Job reference: 245162)