Our client is a leading utilities provider, they are currently seeking a Data Engineer urgently for an initial 3-month contract. You will be responsible for the design, development, and support of multiple Big Data solutions across various IM platforms including MS Azure, ADW, Grid Director etc.
About the role:
In this role you would be:
- Work with the solution architect to design, develop and support multiple Information Management solutions across various technology platforms including Microsoft Azure, Oracle (ADW), Grid Director etc.
- Partner with business domain experts and data analysts to ingest foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Translate business requirements into data models and reporting solutions that are easy to understand and used by different business units across the company
- Act as a product owner for assigned components of the Azure big data and other IM platforms
- IT Asset Management: Leads all aspects of the product lifecycle enabling the product to meet the needs of the business and achieve financial or other targets
- Solution ownership: work with the delivery and BAU teams to provide solution design, planning and estimation services ensuring solution design is in line with the client's standards and guidelines
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Hands-on experience implementing Big data solutions on Microsoft Azure or AWS (Azure preferred)
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop ecosystem e.g. Hive, Spark
- Hands-on experience developing software (Python, Scala or Java) on data platforms
- Experience/knowledge with data modelling, preferably Data Vault 2.0
- Experience & background in Data warehousing solutions and patterns
- Experience with DevOps & CI/CD tools (Azure pipelines, Jenkins, GitHub etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Azure data stack - ADLS, Synapse, Hive, SQLDB, Data Factory etc
- Hands-on experience with Azure databricks
- Experience with streaming (kafka, eventhub, databricks streaming etc.) and Azure stream analytics
Please note: It is a requirement for this role that the suitable candidate must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #211057