Our Client is an award-winning technology Company, who are well regarded by developers wanting to work with cutting edge technology in a highly evolved Agile, Microservices and DevOps enabled environment. Their solutions are used live in the hands of tens of thousands of customers every day!
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, our Client employs over 5,000 staff globally and services clients across nine countries, including owned operations across Europe, Australia and Asia.
Your New Role
You will be the Senior Developer responsible for programming native Android applications, working closely with designers and product owners to define and build new features and rapidly develop MVP's.
You will use your proven knowledge of Android application functionality & limitations to make recommendations during the design and development lifecycle.
You'll be part of a truly cutting edge digital environment whilst being encouraged to be innovative and autonomous in your approach - they follow a you build it, you own it model. The environment feels like that of a start-up/greenfield project, but the difference being you will have the backing of a global organisation.
As the preferred candidate, you'll ideally have experience in the following: -
- Building high quality Android products;
- Understanding of common architectural patterns, dependency injection frameworks and functional programming;
- Reactive functional programming i.e. RxJava
- Experience of handling device fragmentation
You Bring to the Role
- You will have 3+ years of experience in Android. Experience with Kotlin ideal, however this is not mandatory.
- You actively partake and refine good practices like pull request, unit testing, and minimum viable product
- You like to be in front of the curve and like to push and drive tech.
- You should be knowledgeable about latest trends and patterns and understand when to apply and when to let slide.
What Our Client Offers You
When you are not working on the latest technology in a fast-paced business; you can enjoy the views at their great office in a top CBD location with in-house barista, fresh fruit and bread, nuts and other snacks, TVs streaming 24/7, frequent company and team events, and many opportunities for attending training and conferences.
Interview and Hire Timing
Our Client is ready to interview within a few days for good candidates and is looking to immediately hire.