- C++ skills and experience required
- Upgrade and move business applications into Cloud
- North Sydney Location - 12 Month Contract
- Contribute to achieving a target state of business applications upgrade & move to the cloud.
- Maintain & support existing systems in Unix/Linux
About the company
This is a market leading financial services organisation with a focus on staff development, progression and technology upskilling. There is a key focus on the technology and utilising the latest advancements for progressing the business.
About the project
This is a large scale application migration project to improve existing service delivery and change new services in the Wealth area of the business. This is an Agile, High-performing team moving Applications from existing Data Centres to the Cloud / new operating systems
About the role
You will contribute in an agile environment and work within the scrum team in the development, testing, implementation, support and continuous improvement of two key Applications
What you will be responsible for
- Design, development, implementation and maintenance of technology change to critical business applications
- Meeting code and configuration management guidelines and standards
- The performance of the engineering team in respect to the quality and reliability of the teams' outputs
- Maintaining and supporting systems, incorporating service restoration (break fix), root cause investigation and analysis through to remediation
- Managing the backlog in conjunction with the Product Owner and Delivery Owner To feed the team with the right combination of work that covers either tech debt remediation, new features or modernisation activities.
To be considered, it is expected that you will most likely have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strongly Developed skills in C++
- Strong Unix scripting experience
- Developed skills and knowledge in major relational database packages such as Oracle, SQL Server
- Unix and Linux experience
You will have the benefit of working at a market leading financial services organisation and excellent opportunities for career progression as well as access to the organisations benefits.
To enquire further about this role please contact Jack Richardson