Western Sydney Location
Enterprise sized Environment
Key role within Operations
Security Engineer to manage the information security related aspects of technology operations and applies cross disciplinary IT security knowledge across both IT and OT environments.
Ensuring that appropriate controls are deployed to maintain suitable security configurations and meet relevant security requirements. Please note, this is an operational role and successful candidates must be prepared to work on a rotating on-call roster
- Managing the information security related aspects of technology operations
- Responsible for providing assurance on the vendors providing managed infrastructure support
- Responsible for L2/L3 support for operational incident, problem resolutions and change management within defined SLA
- Manage and maintain the configuration information of FW, IPS & F5 to ensure
- operational run books are up to date
- Responsible for resolution and provide response within defined SLA for Security Incident
- Manage and maintain critical security infrastructure such as firewalls, Intrusion , Prevention System, F5, Vulnerability Assessment Tools.
- Perform security risk assessment for any changes on security infrastructureProvide input to project documentation and engineering tasks as required.
- Executes the management of compliance activities and controls assurance, to ensure alignment with company security policies and procedures
- Support compliance Distribution Licensing and Regulatory
- compliance requirements
- Works with all ICT Vendors to promote awareness and understanding of corporate risk management/ security requirements;
- Monitors vendor involvement/ performance
- Monitors overall performance of vendors and providing feedback to both the vendors and VMO on performance and escalation of security risks requiring immediate action
Essential Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years' experience in Security engineering
- Certifications in related field are a plus (including any of the following but not limited to): CISSP, CCSP, CCIE, CHFI, CEH, SANS GICSP Certifications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the support and provisioning of CISCO/Checkpoint/ PaloAlto and Checkpoint firewalls (implementing firewall rules), McAfee/Cisco/Checkpoint IPS and F5 (GTM, LTM, APM, ASM)
- Sound experience and ability to manage the ongoing effectiveness of the overarching security program and personnel
- Strong understanding across all security functions, as well as IT and operational environments, including of threats, risks, controls and industry trends
- Ability to communicate across diverse platform and translate technical security risks at a level understood by the business Exposure to a SIEM platforms is helpful (e.g. ArcSight, Splunk, Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, TAP, QRadar, LogLogic).
- Experience with malware analysis concepts and a method is a plus.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tool (e.g. Qualeys, Nesuss) is a plus.
- Experience with ServiceNow Security Operation module implementations is valuable.
- Preferred Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
If interested In the role please select Apply or contract Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting reference 237651