About the Role
A large financial organisation is looking for a Security Engineer/Analyst to come on board to join its Security Policy team. This team is responsible for overseeing the security policies on the devices across the business. You will be involved in both operational support and projects, but more weighted towards projects. You will deliver technical security solutions to meet business needs, including security firewalls, proxies, and cryptographic devices. This role is a twelve-month contract position and will be based in a well-established security team.
Examples of responsibilities:
- In this role you will be supporting, planning and implementing security technology.
- Use your technical expertise and judgement to define and implement technical solutions to support business needs
- Provide services to support, guide and assure design of technical solutions in line with agreed strategies and directions
- Execute tasks to maintain the integrity and quality of the operating environment
- Confer with systems users to develop areas of change in requirements, that result in greater efficiency, systems integration or cost reduction
- Develop specialised proposals and technical evaluations of products, tools, techniques and methods to meet business needs
- Provide technical input to design specifications of major computer systems and provide consultative guidance on their execution
- Investigate longer term, complex software or hardware problems or nonroutine problems and coordinate resolution or the proposal of technically sound solutions with software vendors, hardware manufacturers as required
- Contribute to project related activities and meetings to support delivery of project objectives and scope, with specific accountability for the delivery of security components
About the successful candidate
- Experience across these skills/ technologies: Checkpoint Firewall, F5, McAfee Proxy / Skyhigh, Zscaler Cloud Security, Cryptography, Data Loss Protection, certificates or associated security tools/technologies.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle.
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts.
- Experience upgrading complex Security and Infrastructure systems i.e. 80,000 firewalls
- Experience delivering complex Security and Infrastructure solutions and integrating with internal and 3rd party run systems
- Experience working in a large enterprise with high availability configuration.
- Familiarity with at least one, preferably more areas of technical security specialisation
- Good ability to analyse, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Tertiary qualification in a Security Technology discipline or related field
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kate Weston quoting reference: 174388.
Please click the apply button.