Our client is an Iconic Australian Enterprise, they are currently seeking a Security Engineer to join on an initial 6-month contract.
The Security Engineer will be accountable for the operational delivery and design of IT Security services, ensuring they are fit for purpose and perform to the organisation's needs.
About the role
You would be involved in:
- Ensure a professional standard of technical support including resolution of incident and problem tickets associated with the network in accordance to Service Level Agreements.
- Provide continuous improvement on processes and procedures and support operational excellence.
- Work with suppliers for resolution of data communications incidents on the organisations network and sites.
- Provide investigation, support and resolution for the organisation's applications and technical tools.
- Prepare and distribute software releases including vendor and platform upgrades including version reporting.
- Produce implementation plans and risk analysis as required to deploy critical and complex changes.
- Provide technical consultancy and input from a network service perspective to relevant projects and initiatives within the enterprise.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Significant experience in a technical network support role including a high level of understanding of the organisation's client and server environments.
- Well-developed negotiating skills and ability to influence outcomes.
- Proven experience at preventing business incidents through effective management of changes in a multi service provider environment.
- High interpersonal skills are required to provide the role with the capability to promote and support new and existing Business initiatives
- A background in IT tools and technologies, including but not limited to, Firewall Technologies, Network Switching Application Firewalls, Internet Security Platforms, Monitoring and SIEM platforms.
- Experience with Palo Alto, F5, Cisco Meraki, Aruba, ZScaler, CyberArk, Entrust, Ansible and Cisco products highly desireable
- CCNP, CCIE and key technical certifications required
- ITIL Intermediate/foundations mandatory
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or 5 years industry experience is desirable
If you are seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Nakita Huynh on (03) 8080 7220 and quote job #239920