About the Company
Our client is a well-known institution and is seeking guidance from an experienced Security Architect to provide pre-business case work, as well as approved project work.
About the Role
The Security Architect is expected to develop and own the end-to-end the Solution Architecture for projects. For business portfolio initiatives the Security Architect will work in partnership with the assigned Solution Architect providing direct contribution to security architecture aspects of the solution as well as consultation. The work for this position occurs throughout the entire project lifecycle.
The key responsibilities will be across both the Evaluation and Delivery phase.
For the Evaluation Phase, you will provide technical advice to the team on:
- Potential solutions based on existing systems, packages or custom developed solutions as appropriate.
- Integration with existing system solutions using established integration patterns
- Alignment to the client's architectural standards and strategies
- Technical evaluation requirements and assessments for RPIs, RFPs and Proof of concepts
- Develop (or contribute to) the Preliminary Solution Architecture key deliverable for the Evaluation phase
- Presents the preliminary solution and any architecture decisions, risks and issues to the governance boards for endorsement
During the Deliver phase, you will be expected to:
- Develop (or contribute to) the full Solution Architecture deliverable
- Update the internal knowledge repository showing project impact against existing systems, interfaces and architecture models
- Presents the full solution and any architecture decisions, risks and issues to the governance boards for endorsement
- Provides technical assurance and architectural assistance to the service provider selected for the project delivery
- Review other project deliverables such as Detailed Design documents, Interface Specifications, Test Strategy, etc.
- Assists with resolution of architecture and technical issues during the project.
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of Development, Architecture and Consulting related experience - witnessed successful and unsuccessful project implementations
- 5+ years experience as Senior Architect on major projects in the security domain
- Strong hands-on technical skills
- 5+ years of experience implementing medium to large-scale distributed applications
- Lead architecture and design effort on major projects - Defined overall solution, coding standards, documentation, templates and patterns of implementation
- Communicated with all levels of an organisation - business and technical staff
- Experience in information security, technical architecture, design, infrastructures, standards and advanced corporate information systems
- Experience in solution architecture for systems requiring integration of applications on multiple platforms
- Design, specification, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- End-to-end ownership of solution architecture in the security domain - through to implementation
- Security Architecture consultation across multiple solution architectures in business/technology portfolios
In addition, the following specific skills would be desireable to have:
- Experience with architecture and implementation of various security-related solutions (Examples could include: identity & access management, vulnerability management, threat modelling, enterprise key management etc.)
- Expert in Technical Architecture - Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of Technical Architecture. TOGAF certification desirable
- ITIL or ITSM knowledge or certification
- CISSP, SABSA knowledge or certification
- Ability to communicate to both management and technical development teams
- Experience in identity and access management
- Experience in Postal organisations or associated industries (Retail, eCommerce, Logistics)
- Decision Making - Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information
- Initiative - Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities
- Influence and Persuasion - Influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control
- Ability to function at both the abstract/logical layer as well as being an SME to lead and drive the solution teams
- Demonstrated capability to juggle multiple smaller projects as well as the ability to lead large programs
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Scott Brown on 03 8080 7232 quoting reference 27811
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button