Our client is expanding its software engineering team in Adelaide.
The Scrum Master is a core role in the engineering team charged with protecting and managing the movement of platform feature builds through an agile development lifecycle, and ensure timely releases in production environments across multiple geographies. The Scrum Master works closely with the engineering leads, and operates with cross-functional feature teams, providing effective coordination, structure and predictability to plan, communicate, deploy, and scale efficiently.
Recent hands-on experience in a similar environment is a must for this role.
What you will do:
- On a daily basis, you will plan and oversee all platform development activities performed by engineers in wide-ranging initiatives inclusive of new features, product / application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, innovation / continuous improvement projects and programs.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings / stand-ups, internal feature demos and other decision-making processes will be core responsibilities for keeping the teams moving.
- Together with the feature / product owners and engineers in feature teams, you will review and maintain relevant scrum artefacts, including the process to help ensure active JIRA development tickets and the product backlog are up to date.
- You will measure development velocity and effectiveness through the development and use of common metrics across the entire software portfolio.
- Where needed, you will guide feature teams on agile practices, and get teams to high performing levels by recognising areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques that support self-organisation.
- Your key stakeholders will include the VP Engineering and VP Technology as well as development and QA leads, software engineers, UX / UI and business analysts as well as release & product management staff.
What you bring:
- You will have excellent knowledge and real-world experience of the scrum framework, with demonstrated outcomes and learnings through past experience.
- Ideally you will have come from a Software Engineering background and have demonstrated excellent leadership capability and delivery outcomes in Agile environments, as a Scrum Master or similar. Of course, this role will not involve cutting code, but you will be expected to be highly technical and have the ability earn respect from engineering / technical staff.
- You will have proven ability to communicate plans, priorities, issues, commitments, and changes including release themes, key requirements, schedule, and scope changes, to both technical and non-technical audiences (i.e. cross-functional teams) alike.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in areas such as facilitation, negotiation, and working with internal stakeholders will be essential - you will be expected to manage relationships and coordinate work between different technical and non-technical groups, potentially across multiple locations / geographies.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating and taking carriage of improvements in software development processes - as automation opportunities increase, develop common strategies for governance / decision-making across multiple teams.
- Manage risks and help resolve issues that affect development scope, schedule and quality.
- Recognise patterns and opportunities for improvement throughout the entire organization - continually work towards making improvements in the development process.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience.
- Recently attained an Agile Scrum certification (e.g. CSM) via a reputable training organisation.
- 2+ years working in a software product-based organisation / environment with accountability for end-to-end delivery (demonstrated understanding of agile project management principles preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in an information systems operations environment, including systems analysis / development, also a bonus if you have performed release management functions.
- Advanced knowledge of (and experience with) agile software development practices and supporting toolsets including Atlassian and Microsoft Office product suites.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jessica Gadsby on (08) 8112 7417 quoting reference 243642.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.