Our client is a leading insurance company, seeking a Scrum Master to work on an initial 6 month contract -
- Let's talk about the role
What am I accountable for? Squad Mastery
- Enable squads to adopt agile ways of working (the clients Way) and to master Scrum1.
- Embed enterprise cadence events2.
- Ensure squads proactively manage risks and dependencies.
- Enable teams to work with transparency, inspection and adaptation (i.e. to conduct meaningful retrospectives, improve E2E value delivery, reduce handoffs).
- Stakeholder engagement: Squads, Product Owners, Tribal Leads, as well as the Agile Practice.
- Drive scope elaboration techniques incorporating our scope decomposition and estimation pattern, techniques such as minimum viable discovery, customer journey mapping and story mapping.
- Embed metrics that underpin customer-focused iterative delivery (effectiveness and efficiency), including OKRs.
- Visual management enabling work & workflow transparency, and continuous improvement.
- Empowering squads through intent-based leadership (self-aware, listening, communications and transparency).
- Drive role clarity in tribal positions (such as PO and Squad Members) through hands-on demonstration, training and mentoring.
- Drive technical practices that enable great engineering and architecture.
- Tools establishment and hygiene (such as JIRA & Confluence) to our enterprise patterns.
- Agile Practice
- Active participation in Agile Practice events.
- Develop agile learning materials for enterprise-wide self-service (e.g., the clients Way framework) as well as Agile Practice delivered content (e.g. Agile Academy).
- You and the 'how'
- Bringing positive energy and enthusiasm to your teams, stakeholders and the Agile Practice.
- Being a resilient change agent.
- Taking ownership for your personal growth and learning journey.
- What does success look like for this role?
- Hands-on enablement. Our clients SMs roll up our sleeves and show the way. We also adopt a structured, empirical and transparent approach to coaching that enables stakeholders to be taken on the journey and see demonstrable results through our Coaching Plan and Squad Mastery Summary.
- Agile Practice contribution. Participation in Agile Practice events and creating agile-related content for stakeholders to consume across LFS.
- Driving transformation. Developing and embedding the LFS enterprise agility transformation items (identifying and taking ownership of the big-picture LFS improvements)
- Driving iterative development, so that our clients squads frequently deliver business value and high quality customer outcomes.
- A culture-carrier and role model for LFS cultural values, a positive beacon for new ways of working.
1 This may also include our 'Scrumban' pattern. 2 Such as Big Room Planning and Scrum of Scrums / PO Sync
- Let's talk about the role
Who are my key stakeholders?
- Tribe Lead(s) / HO Delivery.
- Product Owner(s) and Squad(s).
- Agile Practice team members.
- Profession Homes.
- Business stakeholders.
- Cross functional engagement across the Tribe, Technology, and external Vendors.
- What will the key challenges be?
- Incubating culture change in a large and complex organisation.
- Navigating multiple priorities.
- Maintaining delivery whilst the squad are learning new ways of working.
What financial accountability will I have? No direct financial accountability, however, the role is responsible for supporting agile squads towards business outcomes with a pipeline of work worth millions.
- What knowledge and experiential requirements do I need to be successful? Essential:
- 2+ years proven Scrum Master experience.
- 1+ years' experience in a scaled (multi-team) agile environment.
- Delivery and transformation mindset / experience.
- A deep understanding of the principles and values underpinning scrum.
- Strong capability to build agile collateral (that resonates with stakeholders).
- Professional Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Master certification.
- Familiarity and exposure to multiple agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Tribal model, Kanban, SAFe, LeSS, Scrum @ Scale, Nexus), with an ability to be agnostic of agile frameworks when assessing the most valuable way forward.
- Familiar with the use of tools which includes JIRA, Confluence and others. Desirable
- Financial Services experience.
- Digital experience.
- Technical experience.
About you You're a passionate Scrum Master, with in-depth knowledge of the theory and pragmatic practice of Scrum, with a proven track record in value-based delivery. THEN APPLY NOW!!
For more information, please contact James McLaughlin on 03 8080 7243 quoting the job title.
Looking forward to hearing from you!