- 12 months contract with 24 months extension option
- Australian Citizen - No Clearance required
- Work in large complex environment and Coach teams in agile values.
Our Federal Government client is seeking a Scrum master who will Coach teams in agile values, principles and practices.
About the role:
- A Senior Scrum Master with our client may work within the following scenarios
- May exist in new, complex or larger teams that are new to agile ways of working and thus require more intensive base of knowledge and experience to ensure the success of the team/s.
- They may also be used as a shared resource across teams, or to manage multiple scrum masters across multiple teams - as a shared resource guiding multiple teams to work using a range of different agile values, principles and practices to improve BAU or project management
- In smaller BAU or project teams where there is no requirement for an Agile coach, this level of scrum master will have the skills and experience required to also undertake an agile coaching role.
- The Senior Scrum Master works with and influences across teams, coaching them to self organise, structure, manage its work and achieve its goals.
- As a key source of knowledge of agile values, principles and practices, the Senior Scrum Master provides guidance on agile operating models and strategies for newly formed teams or projects and existing delivery areas, taking into account the context, team maturity, focus, priority, flow and value.
- The Senior Scrum Master removes blockages/impediments, and works with Product Owners to optimise the delivery of value through a correctly prioritised backlog, aligning to the end state vision.
- They coach and mentor the teams in agile values, principles, and practices, building a high performing dynamic and ensuring that the agreed agile process is correctly applied.
- They support the team to negotiate priorities and goals with the Product Owner and protect them from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Minimum 5 years working in Agile environment with demonstrated work experience in large and/or complex environments
- Proven experience undertaking Scrum Master responsibilities, including current Certification
- Coach teams in agile values, principles and practices and model the agile mindset. Coach the teams and to be self-managing, self-organising and continually improving.
- Plan, set up and facilitate agile events, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives. Assist the team to plan, understand and be accountable for achieving its goals.
- Collaborate and negotiate with the Product Owner and other teams, to review and refine the product backlog, re-prioritise and re-assess the relevance of tasks/stories, and protect the team from external influences impacting their ability to meet the agreed goals.
- Represent the team/s in meetings, develop and deliver presentations, and be actively involved in communication and change activities involving stakeholders
Skills and experience
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Smilin John on 02 62689720 quoting reference 236786.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.