Our client is looking for an experience Scrum professional to work with them for an initial 6-month fixed term role, based in the CBD.
You will be leading and coaching Agile delivery principles and Scrum framework adoption for multi-streamed, high-risk projects and programs of work.
Duties will include:
- Coach Project/Program Managers/Directors, project employees and stakeholders to understand and enact Agile and Scrum principles and methodologies and the Scrum framework.
- Coach the development and delivery teams in self-management and cross-functionality.
- Plan Scrum implementations within projects/programs and initiatives.
- Contribute to developing change and benefits management plans and assessment and advice on business readiness.
- Influence change that increases the productivity and quality of software development and project delivery teams.
- Oversee Sprint Board Administration, ensuring that user stories and tasks are up to date and that any tools such as Jira are available and working well.
- Provide high-level, regular analysis of burndown charts and other reporting tools to understand cadence, velocity, and overall progress of the sprints.
- Facilitate Scrum events as required e.g., Sprint Planning, Story Elaboration, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organisation.
- Ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood and ale to be delivered by the delivery teams.
- Apply techniques for effective Product Backlog management.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and/or Project Manager to arrange the Product Backlog to minimise risk and maximise value.
- Assist delivery teams to understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
- Contribute to the advancement and continuous improvement of Agile practices within the portfolio delivery team.
- Remove impediments preventing the delivery teams from delivering business outcome.
- Assist the development and delivery teams to create high value products.
- Plan and manages own workload to deliver agreed products within expected timeframes.
- Develop options; identifies assumptions, critical success factors, constraints, dependencies, risks, issues, and mitigation strategies.
- Scrum Master certification and/or significant working experience.
- Demonstrated expertise of the Scrum framework, with all its artefacts and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement).
- Knowledge of with software development and demonstrated experience in managing projects using Scrum and the use of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Highly developed interpersonal, leadership, communication, and facilitation skills to establish and maintain excellent working relationships in a corporate environment and influence change and adoption of project methodology and frameworks.
- Ability to adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills including the aptitude to identify, analyse and implement solutions.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Gayle Truslove on08 94232449 quoting reference 240003
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.