Our esteemed client is looking for a Scheduler/Project Control/ Planner from a Civil/ Construction / Rail industry background with experience in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
Role: Scheduler/Project Control/ Planner
Duration: initial 6 months start
Primary purpose of the role
- The Scheduler delivers project scheduling for the Division, which includes development, planning and scheduling across the project and planning lifecycle.
- This role works closely with the Program and Project Managers on the development and implementation of scheduling requirements.
Reports: The role reports to Scheduling Manager.
Essential Skills / Requirements (Limited to 3)
- Demonstrated substantial experience in equivalent scheduling position within comparable public or private sector organisation.
- Familiarity with rail projects and construction delivery involving civil and structural works, signalling, traction and power works, risk management processes and practices, and the ability to apply these across multiple projects/programs of work.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using modern scheduling tools including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Sound working knowledge of planning and scheduling principles, and of critical path analysis.
Scheduling and Resourcing
- Develop and provide high level program schedules, detailed project schedules and resource plans for Division's programs and projects
- Set up Project Enterprise structure, Organisational Business structure and Work Breakdown structure for the Schedules; set up the structure for baseline and monthly reporting and report on changes to allow management of individual project and overall project/program progression
- Maintain high quality project schedule information through regular collection and validation of data from relevant project managers
- Develop layouts, filters and reports, set up the schedule reporting procedure and collect and maintain ongoing Possession planning and Resource programming information using Primavera P6
- Support the develop and implement analysis and management of schedule risk for Major Works' Divisions programs and projects
- Check, assess and transfer project information from the MPM, Capital, Upgrading, Third Party and Annual Program to the Master Schedule
- Contribute to the management of commissioning activities, timings, resources and other dependencies. This will also involve identification of milestones for the Major Periodic Maintenance Program
- Achieve consistency and quality in the technical aspects associated with the scheduling functions in collaboration with the Primavera Systems Manager.