Our client has established a dominant presence within the telecommunications industry, they are currently seeking a Scala Developer on a contract until December 2021. In this role, you would be responsible for assisting with the development of software solutions and data engineering capabilities on Big Data technologies.
- Create high quality API's for data accessibility on the Hadoop platform that ultimately integrate with the broader environment.
- Using big data analytics techniques provide data and analytics output as required to the broader community including business partners in a manner they can understand to ensure communication and buy in.
- Designing and implementing ingest, processing and curation solution using Big data technologies
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate all issues that threaten the successful delivery of assigned initiatives.
- Utilizing open source tool sets related to the Hadoop ecosystem.
To be successful for the role, you would ideally:
- Proficiency in Scala and Java is essential.
- Must have experience working with real-time ingestion, processing, and curation of data at big data scale.
- Big Data developer experience with hortonworks or Cloudera would be beneficial.
- Fundamental knowledge of Hadoop components such as Kafka, Spark, Hive, HBase etc. is mandatory.
- Previous experience developing data pipelines using Spark.
- Past experience with NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Couchbase etc would be beneficial.
- Experience on data analytics using SparkML or other ML tools such as R is a good to have
If you're seeking the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW.
For any further questions or information, please contact Lizbeth Delos Reyes and quote job #206473