Initial 6 Month contract + Expected Extensions
Management of SQL Server databases
Development of Report solutions using Power BI & SSRS.
SQL Database Administrator responsible for the Configuring and maintenance of database servers alongside performing administrative duties such as building reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI tools. The successful candidate will Play a key role in an SQL version upgrade project
- Administration/development of SQL Server databases including installation, configuration, upgrade, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Providing Managed and Professional services for Microsoft SQL Server and Business Intelligence (BI) environments,
- providing BAU support (SQL Server/SSRS/Power BI as needed to diagnose issues with disparate systems, to liase with the business in escalation and resolution of issues. Requirements gathering and extraction of data as driven by the business
- Provide technical guidance and solutions to maintain on-premises SQL infrastructure and Design,
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor system's health and performance.
- Building Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- monitoring performance,
- conducting diagnostic tests, troubleshooting database issues, configuring devices, and planning for capacity expansion and other upgrades.
- implement and maintain compliant data and reporting solutions using Power BI
- A business intelligence analyst reviews data to produce finance and market intelligence reports
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, particularly data analysis tools
- Defining, developing, and delivering reports and dashboards
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and nontechnical) and take ownership and initiative of projects assigned.
- 5+ years solid experience as (DBA) for SQL Servers including performance monitoring and performance tuning of existing databases is required
- Extensive experience in Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning and problem solving.
- Experience with Middleware
- Experience with database migration projects (e.g. version upgrades, consolidation) and data centre migration projects.
- SQL Server Reporting Services experience
- Analytical and conceptual skills, and ability to produce high quality results within specified timeframes through strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience or exposure to SQL Server database functions and related tasks such as indexing, query tuning and performance.
- Previous experience administration/development of reporting solutions using Power BI and SSRS.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Lisa.email@example.com quoting reference 244500
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.