My client is one of the world's largest rural lenders and supporters of agribusiness who are looking for a talented MS SQL Database Administrator to join a project on a 6 month contract.
- Responsible and accountable for all Database infrastructure throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- Provide primary support to the bank's MS SQL and Oracle Database landscape.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, evaluation and analysis of the database environments to provide optimum performance.
- Provide regular review, analysis and reporting of current database capacity
- Ensure the database environment is maintained at the latest patch level and make recommendations for enhancements and version upgrades.
- Define and implement Backup & recovery procedures and ensure regular review, analysis and reporting of system availability
- Identify areas for automation enhancements through scripting and scheduling of tasks.
- Plan, design and sustain the database environments across the organisation, while ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability.
- Ensure that all reported issues are tracked through to closure, liaising with development teams and management as necessary
- Ensure IT Infrastructure is insulated from unauthorised access, virus infection or any security vulnerabilities and conforms to standards and policies.
- Extensive MS SQL Server (2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016)
- Proven performance tuning skills (especially in a data warehouse environment)
- Ability to write shell scripts and stored procedures
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a DBA
- Experience working with Oracle Databases would be highly regarded but not essentail
Interested candidates should submit their CV via the link quoting job number 192111 or call Ellen Barry for a confidential discussion.