- 9 Month Contract + Extensions
- North Sydney
- January 2020 start
Technical lead responsible for the database aspects of migrating over 20 SQL and Oracle applications to Microsoft Azure.
This hands-on role will include for designing and implementing SQL Server PaaS infrastructure, designing and implementing an Oracle database infrastructure in Azure, and working as part of the migration team performing database migrations and application remediation.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS database solutions, particularly Azure SQL Database, SQL Database Managed Instance, and Azure Database Migration Service
- Experience as a SQL server DBA (2014 or greater) performing common tasks including performance monitoring, creating databases, database backup
- Experience as an Oracle DBA (12c or greater) performing common tasks including performance monitoring, creating databases, database backup
- Experience with designing and implementing Oracle 12c database infrastructure, including Data Guard, database backup and restore. Experience running Oracle on Azure a significant asset.
- Linux experience, ideally Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with database migration projects (e.g. version upgrades, consolidation) and data centre migration projects.
- Previous experience with Azure Monitor would be advantageous
- Experience in an enterprise IT environment, including with ITIL change control and creating application and infrastructure documentation is beneficial
If interested in this role or for more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Bissitt on Richard.Bissitt@peoplebank.com.au>quoting reference 199890
We are looking to shortlist candidates within the next 48/72 hours as our client wants to offer the successful candidate with the start date in January 2020