Our client, a fast growing and iconic Australian technology business is currently seeking the services of SQL Database Administrator to join their team on an initial 6-month contract to be based in Sydney CBD. This role is to provide a high level of expertise on the SQL server database administration and troubleshooting within the data centre team. This person will become the SME on SQL server who is able to provide guidance on any SQL server related matters.
- Produce high quality documentation
- Have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment when required.
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills.
- Support includes system administration, testing, problem resolution, backups and any other related database tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What you'll need:
- Excellent knowledge on SQL server always on high availability
- Excellent knowledge on SQL troubleshooting (especially around performance issue) and fine tuning
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and able to lead ad provide clear guidance during high priority incident call
- Work in a large SQL server environments (300+ SQL servers)
- Able to do SQL database administration
- Able to train and mentor junior SQL server resource
To be considered with the role please 'Apply' by submitting an up to date word version of your CV accompanied with a Cover Letter which clearly outlines your experience in line with the requirements.