- 12 Month Contract + Extensions
- North Sydney Location
- Azure Focus
Technical lead on a large scale Migration project from SQL Server applications to Microsoft Azure.
This hands-on role will be working as part of the migration team performing database migrations and application remediation. Performing performance tuning on existing databases migrated to the Azure cloud will be a key requirement. The ability to work independently, solid technical skills, and strong attention to detail are essential
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS database solutions, particularly Azure SQL Database, SQL Database Managed Instance, and Azure Database Migration Service is required.
- Experience as a SQL server DBA including performance monitoring and performance tuning of existing databases is required.
- Experience as an Oracle DBA (12c or greater) performing common tasks including performance monitoring, creating databases, database backup would be desirable.
- Experience with designing and implementing Oracle 12c database infrastructure, including Data Guard, database backup and restore. Experience running Oracle on Azure would be highly valued.
- Linux experience, ideally Red Hat Enterprise Linux, would be desirable.
- Experience with database migration projects (e.g. version upgrades, consolidation) and data centre migration projects.
- Previous experience with Azure Monitor and Log Analytics is desirable.
- Experience in an enterprise IT environment, including with ITIL change control and creating application and infrastructure documentation is desirable.
If you're interested in a long term contract opprtunity based in North Sydney, Please hit that APPLY NOW button and we are shortlisting candidates ASAP