A leading, global mining company is seeking an experienced SQL Architect for an initial 6-month contract located in the heart of the Perth CBD. You will have an opportunity to work on a long-term programme of work that will include reassessing the organization's SQL landscape and providing expertise in relation to SQL, AWS and Azure technologies.
The successful candidate will possess extensive SQL experience including legacy system experience and AWS and Azure.
As this is a global project operating on multiple time zones, some degree of flexibility regarding working hours will be required, at times, during various stages of the project.
Responsibilities will include:
- A review and remediation of the SQL environment;
- Assist with SQL design and implementation in line with the client's strategic design;
- Investigate and augment as required to confirm current state and required amendments to reflect required outcome;
- Assist the PM and Business Users in ascertaining the requirements for the applications and services and delivery model;
- Assist with the design and review of business processes.
- Extensive SQL environment experience (this includes both legacy, AWS and Azure);
- SQL Migration and Remediation experience at scale across large enterprise environments;
- AWS, Azure and PaaS exposure;
- Commercial exposure and understanding of latest and legacy SQL Environments (resourcing, features, availability options);
- Experience reviewing and recommending migration strategies and approaches;
- Must be a team player but also can work autonomously;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with senior level stakeholders;
- The ability to translate any technical jargon into layman's terms;
- Must ideally have experience working within the resources sector to understand the complexities caused by any technical changes.
- An opportunity to work for one of the world's, most successful largest mining companies;
- Be involved in an exciting, challenging and long-term programme of work;
- Centrally located in the Perth CBD.
If you have the skills and experience we are seeking and would like to be considered, please apply now via the link below.
Contact: Lisa Williams (08) 9423 1400 (Job reference: 189217)