The core function of the role is to architect solutions, provide oversight of SOE, projects implementations and activities for the delivery of a Desktop Managed Service.
- Develop, document and maintain the SOE design principles for all of managed and virtual desktop and End User Services (EUS) customers
- SOE Design includes: installation model, Imaging model, managed application deployment model, inventory and reporting model, maintenance model;
- Research new technologies for incorporation into future traditional and virtual desktop SOE designs;
- Input into technical solutions for packaging of desktop applications for remote deployment;
- Design all SOE management standards to adhere with system management processes and tools, system monitoring processes and system access processes;
- Involvement in SOE deployment/refresh projects and any other EUS associate projects as required.
- Provide 3rd level SOE support to support staff
Key Selection Criteria
- 3+ years' experience in EUS SOE design, development and implementation covering technologies such as MDT, SCCM, Win8.1, Win 10, Apple MAC etc.
- 1+ years' experience in use, development or implementations of Citrix XenDesktop, VMWare View etc
- Desktop management and deployment using a minimum of Microsoft SCCM 2012. Good to have CA ITCM, Altiris and Novell ZENWorks
- Experience in Application Virtualisation technologies such as App-V, Thin-App or XenApp
- Experience in Application Packaging and Deployment concepts;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft automated deployment methodologies from Win 7 to Windows 10
- Strong scripting capabilities in any language for Windows platforms
- Sound knowledge of Active Directory, including Group Policy Management and Design
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Intune, Azure, and Office 365. Good to have; Airwatch,
- Knowledge of Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) and Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS)
- 6+ years of managing and supporting desktop hardware and software
If you're ready for a challenge and interested in hearing more - take the next step and APPLY NOW! Or for a confidential discussion, please contact Carrie Watts or Vidya Sadawarte on 3319 7501.