About the Role
Senior Engineer Mains provides authoritative expert engineering innovation, planning, advice and design, relating to Over Head Wiring (OHW) and 1500V Cable Feeding Arrangements and associated materials. Review and development of standards, assist in the development and provide materials, planning and solution development.
- Produce and review OHW and 1500V Cable Feeding Arrangement design solutions
- Participate in research programs and working groups of industry and/or Standards associations.
- Provide technical support during construction and maintenance including design validation of internal designs.
- Contribute to the development of engineering standards, policies, procedures and instructions.
- Develop and produce relevant electrical engineering designs and associated documentation
- Assist with construction and maintenance issues including incident and audit support
- Contribute to team success by following project plans and scheduled works for relevant electrical engineering projects, to ensure they are completed in a financially responsible manner, to time, cost, quality and safety standards, as well as satisfying client and asset management requirements.
- Report to the Principal Engineer/ Group Leader and relevant Design Delivery Manager regarding the status of design projects
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of design and planning of Railway OHW.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines relating to Railway OHW.
- Substantial experience in a relevant engineering discipline within a comparable public or private sector organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in design, construction, commissioning and maintenance of Railway OHW.
- Demonstrated experience in developing or use of design tools for mains applications.
For more information, please contact Pooja Gupta, quoting ref: 193777.