Our Federal Government Client is seeking the expertise of a Senior Cloud (AWS/Azure) Infrastructure Engineer for a role in Canberra's CBD. This is an initial 12-month contract with 2 x 6-month extension options and requires Australian Citizenship and a Baseline clearance or the ability to obtain to apply.
Within this role you will be required to:
- Design, build and document services to support orchestrated and governed hybrid cloud within a large government environment, centred on the VMware vRealize Automation toolset.
- Deliver cloud design activities for Public and Private Cloud platform automation for standardisation, repeatability and agility purposes, which may include:
- Operational integration including logging, configuration, monitoring and reporting
- Tagging, metering, provisioning, de-provisioning of services for financial, and security management and reporting
- Internal standards including recommended services, instances, sizes and metrics on cloud services
- Role based access design and operational management
- Development of resilient cloud reference patterns, including highly available and fault tolerant applications, infrastructure and services.
- Assist with reviews of constraints and dependencies, potential alternatives and associated evaluation criteria for cloud technologies.
- Assist with guidance and best practices across Cloud architectures, services and design.
To be successful in this role you will possess demonstrated experience and skills in:
- IaaS and PaaS
- Cloud security
- Instance design and sizing
- Network security including firewall and monitoring
- Archiving and backup storage
- User and account structures
- VMWare vRealize Automation tool suite
- Scripting in a language such as PowerShell.
- Technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, PowerShell, IIS, .Net and/or Linux RHEL
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders at various levels.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Kasey O'Halloran on 02 6245 1740 quoting Job Reference: 186611
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently hold or are able to gain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.