About the Company
About the role
- Provision of expertise to facilitate and execute support, maintenance, development, and continual improvement of Services' SCADA Energy Management Systems and Historians, including Cyber security, for the electricity transmission and distribution gas/electricity networks.
- A high focus on responding to and resolving incidents, problems and requests to ensure availability, capacity, reliability, maintainability and serviceability of the solution at all times, in line with agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Ensures data reliability, accuracy and integrity for the Customer & Energy Operations Team (CEOT) operations and the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
Provides support to other divisions by undertaking configuration, testing and commissioning of new or augmented electricity or gas network elements.
- Takes responsibility for installation projects, providing effective team leadership, including information flow to and from the customer during project work. Develops and implements quality plans and method statements. Monitors the effectiveness of installations and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made. [HSIN5]
- Maintains application support processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports. [ASUP4]
- Devises and implements master data management processes, including classification, security, quality, ethical principles, retrieval and retention processes. Plans effective data storage, sharing and publishing within the organisation. Independently validates external information from multiple sources. Assesses issues which might prevent the organisation from making maximum use of its information assets. [DATM5]
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Conducts testing of recovery procedures. [AVMT4]
- Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Determines problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. [PBMG4]
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors moderately complex programs/scripts. Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate. [PROG3]
- Maintains security administration processes and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges. Investigates security breaches in accordance with established procedures and recommends required actions and supports/follows up to ensure these are implemented. [SCAD4]
- Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for systems testing. Defines complex/new integration builds. Ensures that integration test environments are correctly configured. Designs, performs and reports results of tests of the integration build. Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools. [SINT4]
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability). Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides specialist advice to support others. [TEST4]
Skills and experience
- High level of experience for the design and operation of SCADA Energy Management Systems and Historians, across the full application lifecycle - with exposure to Transmission and Distribution applications and integrated Asset Data models (eg, SAP Asset Management, GE Smallworld GIS , GE Fusion, GE AEMS , OSISoft Pi Historian and Schneider, Microsol, Cooper RTUs).
- Leadership, problem solving and mentoring skills and experience to lead peer and junior team members through a high period of change.
- Experience with complex utility businesses that have end-to-end processes and internal and external service providers.
Communication and collaboration skills across business, supplier and partners spread across a broad geography
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact <your name> on <your number> quoting reference <Broadbean job ID>.
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button.