- Urgent Requirement!
Our client an organisation based in Geelong is looking for a SAS Developer to join their team and assist with their SAS environment.
The role involves the following responsibilities;
- Reviewing and updating existing SAS code used in ETL processes to new source systems.
- Writing new SAS code to extract data from a variety of sources including SAS datasets, oracle and Excel databases.
- Testing and debugging code including documentation and audit trails.
- Documenting the metadata specification files (master datasets).
- Documenting the ETL processes, applied business rules and reporting processes underpinning the existing or newly created SAS programs.
- Working with a team of developers to solve problems and create innovative solutions
- Recommending and ensuring the application of best practice e.g. standardisation of processes and coding best practice.
- There is scope for this role to extend into data visualisation in SAS VA 7.4 and/or Viya.
- 5 years of experience as a SAS Developer or SAS Consultant,
- Significant experience coding using base SAS 9.4, SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 and running SAS programs in the LINUX environment.
- Expert in a range of common procedures used in base SAS and Enterprise Guide, macros, loops, table joins and ODS.
- Experience developing, testing and debugging SAS programs.
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAS VA 7.4 and SAS Viya will be looked upon favourably.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written communication skills.
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, please APPLY NOW! Alternatively, please contact John directly quoting reference number: 192891