A large government department is seeking the services of a SAP BASIS Consultant - A contract role through until Feb 2022 - NV1 Clearance required
- System Monitoring and maintenance
- Incident investigation and resolution;
- Enhancements and platform optimisation activities;
- Participate in the implementation of new Projects (Install, build, upgrade, patch etc.) and enhance (upgrade, patch, migrate, maintain etc) in the Development, Quality, Preproduction and Production SAP environments.
- On-calls and Hypercare support.
- Management of transports and changes.
- Enhancements and platform optimisation activities associated with SAP products and interlinked databases, mainly DB2 mainframe, Oracle and SAP HANA.
- Implementation of new Projects (Install, build, upgrade, patch etc.) and enhance (upgrade, patch, migrate, maintain etc) in the Development, Quality, Pre-production and Production SAP environments and assessed the project suitability from performance perspectives.
- Identify and implement the quick win as well as deep dive into enhancements opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with multiple SAP Technologies such as CRM, PSCD, ERP, SolMan etc.
- Experience with multiple DB platforms such as DB2 Mainframe, Oracle, HANA, SQL etc.
- Experience working in multiple Operating Systems such as UNIX, Linux, z/OS (Mainframe), Windows etc.
- Experience with Incident Resolutions and Root Cause analysis in large complex environment.
- Experience with SLT replications and SAP Work Load Manager (WLM).
- Ability to take ownership of system issues and provide solutions in effective manner.
- Ability to identify system needs in proactive manner and develop tuning and optimisation strategy.
- Understanding of PI/PO integration scenarios, message monitoring and queue Management.
- Knowledge of SAP System refresh using TDMS or DSM tool.
** There is a requirement that all applicants must hold an active NV1 security clearance
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben van Loggerenberg on (02) 6268 9703 quoting reference 242388
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button