Our Federal Government Client is seeking an EL1 Researcher.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Interpret and analyse longitudinal survey data within tight timeframes, using quantitative and qualitative research methods to critically evaluate information.
- Use large datasets to conduct data analysis and report results in a social policy context.
- Provide timely, well informed data inputs to contribute to current and emerging policy issues and discussions.
- Use high-level written communication skills to translate data findings to an accessible format for a policy audience.
- Produce clear, logical and high-quality written products in a range of formats using high-level research skills (i.e. analyse data, review literature and summarise and synthesise evidence).
- Develop, nurture and strengthen stakeholder relationships to build and maintain an audience for longitudinal data across policy areas.
- Collaborate across teams to produce advice and guidance about research, evaluation and policy implications.
- Initiate and manage projects, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Prepare written reports and fact sheets as required.
- Draft complex written submissions in a timely manner, including: proposals, project plans, correspondence, reports, and briefs for the Secretary, the Minister and parliamentary processes.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Expertise in working with longitudinal data sets
- Comprehensive understanding of multivariate data analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of the Department's social policies, programs and frameworks
- Comprehensive knowledge of the theory and application of policy modelling for a range of different purposes
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess or are able to apply for Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #209801
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.