A community services Federal Government agency is seeking multiple Research Officers to provide strategic advice, technical leadership, and content expertise to inform key areas of decision-making. The Research Officers will develop and deploy dedicated research and evaluation capability across the agency.
- Conducting market reviews, analysis, and the setting and management of market interventions, including price controls.
- Supporting the development, and implementation, of the agency's market strategy including interventions, monitoring and stewardship.
- Validating, prioritising and assessing impact of economic issues that have been identified by stakeholders
- Qualitative research into policy developments
- Organising, note taking and analysis of stakeholder interviews
- Collate research and data from a broad range of stakeholders and data sources such as workforce provider trends, including exits, entries, efficiency, supply and demand
- Develop a research framework for the Chief Economist
- Design, field and analyse surveys
- Assist the EL1 with minimum wages, award rates and price inflation indexation
- Ensure consistency and reliability of data sets
- Develop provider benchmarks from TTP data
- Conduct geographical analysis of such matters as provider and participant density, travel times, remoteness
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experiences:
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with mathematical and statistical techniques.
- Understands markets and regulatory principles
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain networks.
- Able to listen to differing ideas and views to develop a clear understanding of the issues.
- Ability to manage service delivery performance.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Highly developed ability to synthesise and analyse complex information and make decisions.
- Ability to respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while also maintaining high work standards and accuracy.
- Undergraduate qualifications in economics, finance, statistics or mathematics
- Highly developed understanding of market regulation principles and best practice.
- Competency with more advanced analytics tools (e.g. SAS, R, Stata, MapInfo, QGIS)
- An understanding of, or lived experience with supporting people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
If this sounds like you please apply now with your latest resume in Word format. This opportunity is eligible to Australian citizens and permanent residents only.