Primary purpose of position
The Technology Release Coordinator is responsible for delivering every project on time within scope and budget. They will work closely with project delivery teams to manage detailed project plans to track progress and minimise project risk. They will manage project schedules to align dependencies and deliverables from third party/vendors including elevating key milestones that must be managed as part of program master schedule. They must ensure that the relevant stakeholder input is incorporated into the project schedule and delivery.
The Technology Release Coordinator will inform the Program Manager/Lead and Delivery Director by providing timely updates on the projects, escalate risk and issues with appropriate mitigation strategy.
Working within the Technology Services Division as a Release Coordinator requires an understanding of technology delivery processes, though not necessarily as a highly technical project manager.
The Technology Release Planning Manager will provide a range of experience, knowledge and skills, including, but not limited to:
- Manage the implementation of the Agency's technology projects
- Drive progress on deliverables with a high level of stakeholder engagement across various levels in the Agency
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for seamless execution of projects
- Work with project delivery teams and assurance groups to manage detailed project plans to track progress
- Provide input into and manage governance plans which will include but not limited to RACI, communication/reporting plans and reporting cadence
- Support project delivery teams by co-ordinating meetings, agendas, and secretariat
- Co-ordinate changes in project scope, schedule, and budget
- Facilitate relationships with stakeholders and divisions across the business to understand activities that might impact the project
- Manage the identification of risks and issues and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and actions
- Align to the organisation's service delivery processes, working in both waterfall and agile methodologies with focus on efficient delivery
- Work closely with all divisions to efficiently manage governance requirements
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Monitor resource availability and allocation
- Ensure all projects follow an assurance process for policy, security, clinical safety, and design and included in the detailed project plans
- Adhere to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct, and other duties as directed
To be successful in the role, you will have:
Knowledge & Skills
- Management and co-ordination skills to drive outcomes while keeping the project delivery team focused and motivated
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple or competing priorities
- Good verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across the technology and the business teams.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and communicate on technical subject matters.
- Good problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good documentation skills, with experience in managing high quality project plans
- Experience in delivering technology projects, primarily in systems development, enhancements and maintenance, requiring engagement and management of multiple stakeholders internally and with external vendors and third parties.
- Knowledge and experience of application development methodologies and the software, development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both waterfall and agile environments simultaneously.
- Proven ability to make appropriate decisions within the boundaries of the role's delegated authority.
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools in particular Project Online. (desirable)
Appropriate tertiary qualifications (desirable)
For more information or to apply, please contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: 239795