Our client is currently looking for a Radio Communications Field Technician to work closely with field and workshop personnel, systems operations, project engineering and the network operations control centre.
The primary duties of the role include:
- Perform a variety of tasks to modify, repair, maintain and install communication systems, equipment, parts and accessories.
- Analyse technical problems using test equipment and make "on-air tests" in accordance with customer operational environment.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions related to third party system equipment including linking microwave, multiplexing equipment, RF antenna and power systems.
- Verify conformance of each customer's frequency and power output for compliance with prescribed equipment specification, maintenance inspection plan and ACMA regulations.
- Adhere to guidelines and procedures as required during installation and maintenance of site equipment.
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Liaise with customers to discuss incident concerns or complaints, instigating corrective actions where required.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- May be required to supervise and co-ordinate field duties with other field staff or sub-contractors.
Your experience will ideally include:
- Minimum of 4 years in a radio communication service environment.
- Understanding of RF principles and antenna system multi coupling.
- Understanding how to use digital communications test equipment and interpret results such as modulation constellation or antenna sweep graphs.
- Experience to perform on site field technical diagnostics and install a Field Replaceable Module to restore service.
- Experience in APCO25 & TETRA Digital Radio Communications environment or equivalent (both Trunked and Conventional systems including Simulcast).
- Understanding of IP networking principles.
Education & Qualifications
- Certificate III or IV in Electronics / Radio Trades Certificate or relevant trade qualification (in communications, radio or electronics) or Certificate IV in Telecommunications Networks Technology.
If you're ready for a challenge and interested in hearing more - take the next step and APPLY NOW! Or for a confidential discussion, please contact Vidya Sadawarte on 3319 7501.