Peoplebank are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Manager (Test Manager) to work in Adelaide on a long-term contract role.
Key Skills and Experiences required includes:
- Extensive QA Management experience across multiple projects, off-shore and in-house.
- A strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping an organisation's QA processes and strategies.
- Strong technical and testing skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Excellent communication skills with all key stakeholders to ensure the QA vision is understood and implemented correctly at all levels.
- An advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
- Experience managing large testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best in each individual.
- Has the influencing skills and negotiation skills to gain management buy-in on ideas and concepts.
- Able to communicate with all levels of management, peers and staff within the organization.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for defining QA strategy, approach and execution in development projects.
- Responsible for leading and directing the QA leadership team.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within Test Automation and Quality Assurance.
- Provide governance for test projects, including automation. Mentors and provide leadership to the QA automation developers and managers.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Ensuring that development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines and best practices of the Department's QA strategy.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring of all QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve processes.
- Gather and present testing metrics and testing activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Provide direction/inputs to training and continuous learning of QA staff by means of short courses, conferences, meet ups, certifications, etc.
- Direct the development of the QA strategy, methodology, discipline and framework. Driving and improving the QA team in areas of automated testing and agile testing.
- Provide technical expertise in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques across the teams.
- Work with QA managers, Development managers and the Software Development Director to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed department and corporate quality goals.
Please APPLY ASAP for our immediate consideration
Or you can contact Pramod Jaiswal on 08 8112 7402 for a confidential conversation.