This particular branch is responsible for transforming the Department into an information organisation, where the use of information is ubiquitous in the development of evidence-based policies and reporting on outcomes. Improvements in the collection, organisation and use of data collections will be central to the ability of the Department to deliver its target outcomes into the future. The branch serves as the core enabler for business areas to deliver against their outcomes and more broadly those of the Department. The support of data and reporting requirements across business areas will be undertaken by the following types of projects/programmes.
There is a current requirement for Qlik Developers. The successful candidates will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team developing software based on the Agile methodology. The roles will report to the Project IT Delivery Manager.
Qlik Developers will be responsible for the design and development of Qlik artefacts. The Department is seeking high calibre and high performing candidates to support branch related projects and programmes.
Remote work opportunity is available for candidates based in Sydney and Melbourne, however, successful candidates may be required to occasionally work onsite the Canberra office when needed.
Deliverables include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide data management and development support to the branch's projects/programmes
- Develop software applications to meet business requirements to support branch projects/programmes using Qlik with respect to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile development practices and processes maximising the EDW environment
- Manage productive stakeholder relationships and associated risks
- Develop an agreed work plan of key performance indicators and outcomes
- Regular reporting against performance and effort; and
- Contribute towards knowledge and skills transfer.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop business solutions through the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile development practices and processes to meet the Deliverables as a Qlik Developer
- Demonstrated experience in Qlik report development
- Experience working in a small multi-disciplinary team based on an Agile software development methodology
- Ability to interpret user requirements / user stories and produce code with minimal defects
- Experience working in an enterprise software development environment and ability to leverage off existing software frameworks and development processes
- Ability to develop software where users are authenticated and unauthenticated
- Experience sourcing a range of datasets from an Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience in developing applications that source and display geographic information applications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and capacity to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated experience in managing a robust and scalable Qlik environment.
- Demonstrated experience in administering a BI platform.
- Relevant qualifications and/or certification as a Qlik Developer
For more information or to apply, please contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: 238571