Python Developer - FinTech/Trading
As Australia's leading proprietary trading firm, with headquarters internationally, this business has focused on technology and culture first, to build a business that is highly successful and expanding at an exceptional rate. With this focus on technology and culture, they have built an environment that encourages open collaboration and teamwork above all else, which has resulted in exceptional growth over the past 10 years.
This leading Fintech business is currently seeking a Python Developer to be responsible for developing a wide variety of software products used by all areas of the business, with an obvious focus on high frequency trading. This person will be in a team who possess a variety of specialities across varied technologies and financial sectors.
They are looking for engineers who have demonstrable experience working with Python and enjoy working in a varied and motivated team. It is important that this person has high standards for their own work and will bring new ideas to the team.
What your main responsibilities will be...
- Extend the functionality of critical centralised systems that pool data from several sources
- Design and implement database schema changes and PostgreSQL stored procedures.
- Work with the risk management team on requirements analysis, implementation and deployment of automated or one-off trade reports.
- Work with the Application Support team on trading system documentation, diagnosis of production incidents and their resolution.
Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years commercial experience with Python
- Experience working in any Finance environment
- Good understanding of data structures and software algorithms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
Benefits & Culture:
As mentioned their culture of teamwork fosters an environment where new ideas are constantly shared, developed and implemented. Their team comprises a wide variety of talented professionals including traders, technology specialists, financial engineers and algorithmic developers.
- Up to 50% bonus
- 25 days annual leave, which increases every 3 years
- Work with some of the industries leading minds
- Flexible working
- International trips abroad
- Volunteering leave
- Life/TPD Insurance
- Laid back office, casual dress, Craft beers on tap, fully stocked kitchen