Our Federal Government Client is seeking is looking to fill a role for a Python Programmer to work on the Open Data Cube (ODC) and related projects. The ODC is an open source Python library that facilitates working with large volumes of earth observation data. This role will involve working with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve the software and will be joining a team who maintain, improve and foster a community around this popular project. The role will involve creating data pipelines and processing techniques that work in both super computer and in cloud computing environments.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Extensive experience with the Python programming language
- Familiarity with relational databases like Postgresql
- Experience in scripting languages and Linux system administration
- Extensive experience in source control management and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in the use of Docker and Kubernetes
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 203359
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.