Our Enterprise level Government Client is seeking an experienced and talented Project Support Officer for an initial 10-month contract. In this role, you will be required to support management in a range of business and information technology projects, often concurrently; in accordance with recognised project management methodologies to deliver quality outputs and outcomes within agreed tolerances.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist with the management of a range of business and information technology projects;
- Draft project artefacts, including project management plans, risk management plans, project status reports, both scheduled and ad hoc;
- Quickly acquire sound project management principles and practices, including financial management, to ensure projects deliver planned outputs and outcomes;
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team including staff, consultants and contractors to effectively and efficiently deliver project outputs and outcomes;
- Contribute to a range of Whole of Government initiatives;
- Provide guidance and support to branch senior managers for issues relating to project governance; and
- This position does not involve direct supervision of staff.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in assistance with managing, developing and implementing multiple project deliverables simultaneously;
- Ability to draft key project artefacts including but not limited to:
- Project management plans
- Risk management plans
- Tender documentation
- Project Schedules
- Progress reporting related to ICT projects
- Well-developed liaison, oral and written communication skills with particular focus on documentation accuracy and representational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to consistently display commitment to high quality customer service principles and practices;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in, or ability to quickly acquire, the application of project management principles, tools and methodologies, such as PRINCE2, and a demonstrated understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL); and
- Experience using ServiceNow for resource management.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens/PR's to apply.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Sinthu Thomas on 02 6245 1738 quoting Job Reference: 197906
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.