- Initial 12 months contract
- Flexible Work environment
- Location: Western Sydney
Our client a leader in its field is looking for a Senior Project Manager with GIS experience.
The key focus of this role will be to plan, secure funding, manage and control the necessary tasks and initiatives required to deliver business solutions; managing projects such that they are completed on time, on budget and to agreed quality objectives.
- Lead and manage project teams in the delivery and implementation of Technology projects and initiatives outlined in the annual division/organisation business plan within allocated budget and timeframes.
- Provide specialist advice to business stakeholders, project sponsors and others on Technology investment and performance matters, and on the selection of systems, applications, technologies, and services to best deliver positive service outcomes for the organisation
- Develop project management plan and associated resource requirements (including vendor) to deliver the required outcomes and associated benefits of the project.
- Undertake the necessary procurement and staff allocation processes to establish a fully resourced and committed team suitable to design, build and implement the project.
- Manage the development of project delivery schedules incorporating the various tasks to be completed, to enable integration of interdependent activities
- Monitor, control and report on project deliverables against plan, addressing budget, timing, quality and outcomes and managing preventative or corrective action by the project team to achieve project outcomes as defined in the project management plan.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Accounting, Project Management, or related field of study.
- Specialised Professional with 5-10 years' experience in a similar/professional role
- An understanding of Geographic and location-based systems (GIS), concepts and technologies.
- Experience in managing the implementation, upgrade, and migration of Spatial/GIS solutions from legacy technologies in a highly integrated environment. Experience on the Esri platform will be favourably considered.
- Has worked alongside Application Architects in designing and implementing end-to-end Spatial/GIS solutions.
- An understanding of Hybrid On-Prem/Cloud services and concepts.
- Experience in the preparation of compelling business cases.
- Ability to initiate, maintain and control the progress of programs. Demonstrated ability in the coordination and management of a multi-disciplinary group of professionals in a team environment.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organisational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
For more info contact Aparna @ Aparna.firstname.lastname@example.org