Our client is responsible for the development, design and construction phases for Sydney tollways and designated motorway projects to deliver Government objectives and value for money for the community and road users.
It also manages the procurement and negotiation process with private sector proponents and Government agencies to maximise the public benefits delivered to the State in accordance with Government Guidelines.
Project Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - Government
6 months, with option to extend
North Sydney, NSW Location
- Tertiary qualifications in Property, Project Management, Engineering, Construction or Commercial/Business discipline or equivalent experience Superior complex project management skills in managing programs of multiple interdependent projects and property issues.
- An understanding of design and construct contracts in a major infrastructure project and its impacts to property.
- Have demonstrated success in a similar property delivery interface role or experience in managing a project involving project delivery practice within the government context.
- An understanding of planning, acquisition process, compulsory acquisition process, the risks, relevant legislation, policy, processes, and practices involved in property acquisition by Government, and managing major infrastructure projects and programs.
- Prioritising property interface needs of the WestConnex M4-M5 Link Project and assessing potential impacts this may have to other stages of WestConnex and future Development Projects.
- Adopting proactive approach in dealing with property issues, environmental issues, community involvement and its associated sensitivities, media sensitivities, dealing with difficult and confrontational situations.
- Maintaining awareness of community perceptions, issues associated with other stages of WestConnex and future Development Projects, political and media sensitivities and risks.
- Ensuring that best practice approaches underpin all activities coupled with balancing commercially oriented approach with community stakeholder approach within the requirements of ethical, government and legislative boundaries that are defendable in an environment of intense public scrutiny.
- Working collaboratively in teams within a fast-paced environment and making informed decisions and achieving successful outcomes within a short timeframe.