Our long term client is one of the worlds leading Telco and Service Providers. Please note that this role requires regular APAC regional travel, and to be suitable you must speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- The Project Manager is the principle point of contact for the customer, the consulting team, third parties and virtual delivery teams,
- The Project Manager is responsible for managing a number of concurrent projects / engagements from kick-off to completion across a portfolio of eight (8) strategic service areas
- The Project Manager must be able to follow standard methodology, employing standard tools and processes for managing projects & engagements effectively, including recording meeting minutes, creating and maintaining RAID logs, producing regular reports, generating and updating project plans and utilising change control to uphold scope
- The Project Manager will oversee and control the budget of each project/engagement, as well as identifying & mitigating risks, logging and resolving issues and engaging suitable paths for escalation
- The Project Manager should build effective working relationships and have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and through "written" media
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience of complex projects such as new office installations, office relocation's, regional service roll-outs and consulting engagement.
- Travel with the region to client sites will be required.
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills, with personnel up to senior management level
- Basic knowledge of different, fundamental technical fields and concepts, including networks, security and communications, across a number of different vendors.
- Ability to work independently, in a team and managing virtual teams
- Structured approach, with solid documentation and planning skills
- Analytical, problem solving, methodical and can-do attitude
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and operate across different time zones
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Reacts well to change, controlling, resolving and recording journeys and outcomes effectively
- Around 10 years or more experience of managing multiple projects/engagements concurrently with individual project value of up to $1million and typical duration of up to 6 months
- Demonstrate management of sizeable, virtual teams over a significant period of time, as well as dealing with multiple parties on individual, national and international projects/engagement
- Fluent spoken and written English, Mandarin and Cantonese are required
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and MS PowerPoint
- Exposure to security projects and technologies would be ideal.
If this role sounds of interest, then please apply now. Interviews will be held over the next week, with a view to their position starting mid November.