Our Federal Government Client is seeking a Project Manager to oversee all aspects of planning, implementation and delivery of projects within the agency to achieve project outcomes and support the achievement of organisational objectives. The Project Manager is to deliver one or more projects in a manner which is on time, within budget and within scope, meets business requirements and quality expectations. The ability to establish and maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure project deliverables are met is essential.
This is a long-term contract role for 12 months with extension options, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Develop Project Management Plan(s), project logs and other related project artefacts to ensure successful end to end project delivery;
- Deliver one or more ICT projects concurrently within the agency's Information and Technology Services (ITS) section;
- Monitor and control progress of all tasks, including reprioritisation, quality assurance and management to ensure on-time delivery of milestones and the overall project;
- Investigate and negotiate change proposals with relevant stakeholders both internal and external, identifying options with a cost-benefit analysis for each;
- Ensure optimal management and utilisation of human, system, physical and financial resources allocated to the project;
- Proactively identify and control both existing and emerging risks to the project objectives in a manner that is transparent, equitable and ensures the best outcomes for the project, organisations and individual officers;
- Closely and regularly engage with internal and external stakeholders and utilising strong influencing skills, including preparation of regular summary reports for the Executive and;
- Direct and coordinate the development of strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of project outcomes as part of an overall post-implementation review cycle.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Experience in the project management, with application development projects experience being desirable;
- Demonstrated organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities for medium to large size projects;
- Proven stakeholder engagement and management skills, competent communicator with experience managing a team;
- Ability to establish effective project governance and controls to deliver quality outcomes; and
- Experience with procurement activities and contract management.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently or have the ability to obtain possess Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: # 236940
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.