A Project Manager is required to plan, oversee and drive the delivery of a Workforce Competence Governance project in a large NSW Government organisation within their Training and Development department.
Their primary deliverables are to ensure the proposed workforce competency governance framework and processes are implemented, and competency-related data is uploaded into the Inventory Software System (EQUIP) to enable centralised real time reporting. This overall new capability will enable them to effectively monitor, escalate and act where required to manage workforce competence.
The role is required to deliver the roadmap to put in place and report on formal governance, processes and accountabilities for workforce competence.
- Defining the program governance -monitoring, defining and planning the overall project
- Managing the project's budget, risks and issues and taking corrective measurements
- Lead and manage the delivery capability and risk and complexity profile
- Manage a pool of resources that is optimised for the agreed pipeline and program
- Deliver reports and insights to stakeholders on delivery performance to support; business planning, informed strategic decision making
- Manage the directorate, inter directorate and inter agency interfaces to ensure that delivery, compliance and reporting responsibilities are properly discharged
- Create effective, strong working relationships across the organization and develop a quality communications strategy centred on project performance
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities
- Marshalling of BAU resources in uploading the correct Data into EQUIP
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, or significant equivalent experience.
- Proven management capability for medium sized teams or businesses and substantial experience and success in managing a delivery capability responsible for planning, delivery, change management and reform for a Workforce Competence Governance project or any Governance Framework project