Our Federal Government Client is seeking a highly experienced Project Manager with strong experience in managing various ICT development and/or infrastructure projects.
This is a long-term contract role for 6 months extension options until June 2024, located at our Client's Canberra City location.
As the selected candidate, you will:
- Manage the delivery of multiple development and/or infrastructure projects using the department's agreed methodology
- Design project implementation and resource plans, execute and manage project deliverables and costs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and business areas to create and deliver solutions that optimize the implementation of technology including traditional on-premise and public cloud infrastructure
- Be aware of government procurement guidelines and prepare detailed tender documentation, including managing request for quote processes for any necessary procurements to support project requirements.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing ICT projects using formal project management methodologies (eg. Prince or Agile) and/or demonstrated experience in managing large and complex IT infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks to challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage budget, resources, and risk to ensure the successful outcomes of projects.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with engaging and managing ICT vendors, including approach to markets, evaluation, and delivery management.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and facilitation skills and a highly professional approach including the ability to produce materials for Senior Executives.
It is desirable if you have:
- Project management qualifications, with a sound knowledge of techniques for establishing, planning, monitoring, and controlling major ICT projects
- A sound understanding of both project management methodologies (PRINCE2, PMBOK) and agile frameworks (Scrum) for delivery of ICT projects.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who currently possess NV1 Federal Government Security Clearances.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Carissa Burgos on 02 9137 8700 quoting Job Reference: #213199
Please note: Only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.