We are seeking a Project Manager who has strong experience in Project Management. While it is not mandatory that they be a subject matter expert, knowledge of the HR Systems would be advantageous.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Business Program Manager with the execution and delivery of day-to-day operational activities for allocated Projects. The role executes the directed scope within the framework provided and escalates risks and issues to delivery accordingly. This role will be working within an operational Portfolio environment and as such will need to be comfortable working with strong strategic guidance and oversight.
This role is not technically based and is focused on the business implementation and overall delivery of the product.
This role is expected to operate within the scope and delivery requirements set by the Portfolio and Program, guiding the Project team and ensuring alignment to the overall Program endorsed strategic direction. There is an expectation that this role will work closely with the Product Owner who is responsible for the quality aspects of the project delivery.
There is a large focus on cultural fit within the Program overall and the ability to maintain open and honest communication and collaboration. The expectation is that this role is one that will support the positive maintenance of the culture within their project team and be an advocate for the culture as a manager within the team.
Key position responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate the planning and implementation of the assigned project deliverables.
- Manage the allocation of project resources to execute deliverables as required.
- Oversee the work output of the Product Manager and provide supplementary support where required.
- Oversee and coordinate day to day activities in alignment with the project scope and deliverables.
- Monitor and report on project progress and identify and escalate risks and issues where required to ensure project transparency.
- Facilitate and ensure adequate stakeholder engagement is maintained across project deliverables.
- Develop project documentation and reports to the Program required standard.
- Manage the project governance in alignment with overall Program.
- Take ownership of project scheduling and budget management.
- Embody the Division culture within the project and holding project members to the required standards.
- Liaise with and maintain key internal and external relationships, including liaising with stakeholders on policy, project or operational issues and action items and responding to stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects of a similar size.
- Willingness to work and be managed within a Portfolio construct.
- Strong experience with various project methodologies and tools.
- Proactive and extremely competent in delivering high quality written communication.
- Willingness to work within a team that places a core emphasis on culture and is highly collaborative.
Due to security clearance requirements for this role, candidates must be Australian Citizens who are able obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance.
Apply now for immediate consideration - contact Priya Kuncham on 02 6245 1730 quoting Job Reference: 209193
Please note: only candidates that meet the above criteria will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.